How to download your friends WhatsApp status – by Hameed Zubair
Hey guys, in this article i will show you step by step guide on how to download or your friend’s WhatsApp status without you asking him/her to send it to you or making screenshots.
As we all know, WhatsApp messenger is a common messaging app and one of the fastest growing app world wide. Recently, WhatsApp messenger added a new feature which let users upload photos and videos to their contacts. The only problem is that the messenger did not add a direct feature on how to download or save your friend’s status update to your mobile phone.
READ THIS ALSO: HOW TO APPLY AND GET PAYONEER MASTER CARD FOR FREE
Most of your WhatsApp contacts usually update funny, inspirational, educational and even motivational videos and pictures. At times you see those videos and pictures and want to have them but there is no direct way of getting them hence you are forced to contact the person and ask him/her to send the video or picture. At times it is embarrassing and even the person might take it as nagging. worse part of it is when you are not in good times with that person and you really want the video or picture.
What should you do?
Here is a solution, you can now download and save videos or pictures of your friend’s status without asking them to send it to you. Good news right? There are two Methods to do it. Using app or file manager. Follow the steps below and thank me later.
METHOD 1: USING YOUR FILE MANAGER
File manager is common in every android smartphones, it helps you to access all file on your device (phone storage and external memory card). So you don’t have to ask anyone to send a video or pictured you viewed on his/her status
- Open your file manager
- Go to phone storage and enter whatsapp folder
- Open “Media” folder
- Press “option” key and select “show hidden files“
- A folder named “.statuses” will appear
- Usually that folder contains all the viewed statuses over the 24hrs period
- To save the viewed video or picture for your feature use, move/copy it to another folder of your choice
- Note that they automatically delete themselves from that “.statuses” folder after 24hrs
METHOD 2: USING STORY SAVER FOR WHATSAPP
- Launch your Google Playstore on your android device and search for “story saver for WhatsApp” or click on this link – STORY SAVER FOR WHATSAPP
- Install the application and launch it. At the bottom of the display, tap on “New” which will show you all the recent stories
- From the stories available, tap on the photo, video or GIF to open it
- Now below the status, tap on the down arrow button which will download the status to your phone.
SHARE THE POST TO EDUCATE PEOPLE. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER