Are you a WordPress site owner and have been encountering this problem and error message on your Google Adsense Dashboard ‘Earnings at risk – You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue.’ in the top bar.
In this post, I will show you how to fix this problem using this simple and easy step… but first, what is Ads.txt?
Authorized Digital Sellers, otherwise known as ads.txt; is an IAB initiative that helps ensure that your digital ad inventory is only sold through sellers (such as AdSense) who you have identified as authorized. Creating your own ads.txt file gives you more control over who’s allowed to sell ads on your site and helps prevent counterfeit inventory from being presented to advertisers. – As revealed by Google Adsense in a post.
How to Create Ads.txt For Your WordPress Site
- Login to your Adsense Account
- On the screenshot above, click the FIX NOW on your screen
- Copy your Adsense Publisher ID which is displayed as ‘google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’
- After copying the publisher ID, goto any of you text editor and paste the code
- Now, in the text editor – goto SAVE AS and save the file as Ads.txt (which means you’ll next to change the file type to .txt if you’re not using notepad).
You have successfully created your Ads.txt file and ready almost there to fixing the error.
How to Add Your Adsense Publisher ID (Ads.txt) to Your Website
- Login your cPanel
- Locate your File Manager
- Goto Public_html
- Search for Ads.txt (if there is an existing one, delete it)
- Still in the public_html section, goto the top and click UPLOAD
- Locate the Ads.txt file you saved earlier in the step above and double-tap it (and wait for it to upload till it shows SUCCESS)
Congratulations! You just fixed the Ads.txt error of your website (see cpanel screenshots below).