Something new is coming to 36Box Blog and we will love to see how it goes within the next few weeks; if it yields to positive reactions – we may plan to carry on with it.
We hope to bring you the Top 5 Android Apps from Google Playstore on a weekly basis, their features and availability to you and possibly how to use them. So with that being said; we bring you this week’s Top 5 Apps on Google Playstore (both paid and free).
ORide is an App which is offered by OPay Digital Services Limited, owners of OPay & OFood… It was introduced to carter for the need of quick means of navigating traffic.
- Hail a bike (ORide): With OPay you can hail a bike and pay instantly from your OPay account. Refer a friend to use ORide and you get coupons to enjoy free rides with ORide.
- Send and request money: Choose from your contact book or type in a phone number to send or request money for free.
- Multiple funding options: Funding your wallet is so easy. You can fund from your bank app or by adding your cards.
- Mobile data: Purchase airtime for family or friends from any network within the OPay app.
- Subscribe for cable TV: You can pay for your GOTV, DSTV and STARTIMES subscription using OPay and the beauty is we don’t charge any convenience fee.
- Electricity bill: You can pay for your prepaid electricity with OPay and we don’t charge any convenience fee.
- Order food: You can order food from your favourite and best restaurants from the OPay app.
- Digital receipts: Gather all of your purchase history all in one place.
- Betting: Fund your Bet9ja wallet from your OPay app. No convenience fee required.
Second on the list today is the population message app, WhatsApp Messenger offered by WhatsApp Inc; a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connectivity (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls (audio and video), photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WhatsApp Key Features
- FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they’re in another country. WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply).
- GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
- CONFERENCE CALLS: with WhatsApp Messenger, you get to make voice and video conference calls via your family group chat.
- NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.
This App is offered by Xender (HK) Limited and is mostly used for sending large files between two devices.
- Transfer files with flash speed: Imagine sending your party video to friends in seconds! The highest speed can reach 40Mb/s.
- Share all kinds of files without restrictions: Transfer anything you want, from documents, music, pictures, to videos and apps.
- Free of network connection: No cables, no internet, no data usage! You can transfer files to friends anywhere and anytime.
- Send large files without limitation: Sharing photos, music, videos, apps, documents and any other file types of unlimited file size.
Threema is believed to be the world’s favorite secure messenger and keeps your data out of the hands of hackers, corporations and governments. Threema can be used completely anonymously, allows to make end-to-end encrypted voice calls, and offers every feature one would expect from a state-of-the-art instant messenger.
You need to understand that this App is not free.
- write text and send voice messages
- make voice calls
- share videos, pictures and locations
- send any type of file (pdf, animated gif, mp3, doc, zip, etc.)
- use Threema Web to chat from your Desktop
- create groups
- conduct polls with the unique poll feature
- choose between a dark and a light theme
- quickly and silently reply with the unique agree/disagree feature
- verify the identity of a contact by scanning their personal QR code
- use Threema as anonymous instant messaging tool
- synchronize your contacts (optional)
Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time.
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for ‘OBD2’ on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported – search on google for them.
That’s all we have for you this week on the Top 5 Android Apps on Playstore… hope to see you here next week for another new and exciting episode. Do well to share this post!